MAST! Institute is participating in the 8th International Conference on Maritime Transport in Barcelona 17th – 18th September, 2020 and presenting the paper: A Survey of Machine Learning Approaches for Surface Maritime Navigation. In this paper we will present the state of the art in the field of autonomous surface ship navigation using machine learning and discuss the main challenges of developing fully autonomous navigation system. We present also our ideas how machine learning approaches, Imitation learning and reinforcement learning, could be the solution for COLREGS -based autonomous navigation systems.
- MAST! campaigns for student exchange between Åbo Akademi and Novia – October 2021
- Åboat demonstrated for local press in Taalintehdas – October 2021
- Sensor fusion platform installed in Taalintehdas – July 2021
- Successful remote steering with two motors – June 2021
- Meet us at Maritime Transport Conference in Barcelona – September 2020